Cisco 2960-X Series
Cisco® Catalyst® 2960-X Series Switches are fixed-configuration, stackable Gigabit Ethernet switches that provide enterprise-class access for campus and branch applications (Figure 1). Designed for operational simplicity to lower total cost of ownership, they enable scalable, secure and energy-efficient business operations with intelligent services and a range of advanced Cisco IOS® Software features
- Automate software installation for zero-touch deployment. Configure ports automatically based on device type. Proactively diagnose and remediate hardware and software issues with Cisco Smart Call Home.
- Consume less power with switch hibernation mode. Reduce traffic disruption due to control plane redundancy across FlexStack-Plus switches. Get application visibility and control with NetFlow Lite to prioritize applications.
- The Catalyst 2960-X uses 802.1X for port-based network access control. Enable scalable and dynamic role-based access control with Cisco TrustSec Technology. Protect against IPv6 address theft and malicious attacks with IPv6 First Hop Security.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X switches feature:
- 24 or 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports with line-rate forwarding performance
- Gigabit Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) or 10G SFP+ uplinks
- FlexStack Plus for stacking of up to 8 switches with 80 Gbps of stack throughput (optional)
- Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) support with up to 740W of PoE budget
- 24-port PoE fanless switch for deployment outside the wiring closet
- Reduced power consumption and advanced energy management features
- USB and Ethernet management interfaces for simplified operations
- Application visibility and capacity planning with integrated NetFlow-Lite
- LAN Base or LAN Lite Cisco IOS® software features
Cisco Catalyst 2960-XR models also offer:
- Power resiliency with optional dual field-replaceable power supplies
- IP Lite Cisco IOS® software with dynamic routing and Layer 3 features