The Aironet 1600 Series delivers great performance at an attractive price for customers while providing advanced functionality such as CleanAir Express* for better cover through spectrum intelligence and Clientlink 2.0 for entry level networks that have a mixed client base. In addition to these features, the Aironet 1600 series includes 802.11n-based 3x3 multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology with two spatial streams, making it ideal for small and medium-sized enterprises.
The Aironet 1600 Series also provides at least six times the throughput of existing 802.11a/g networks. As part of the Cisco® Aironet Wireless portfolio, the Cisco Aironet 1600 Series access point provides low total cost of ownership and investment protection by integrating seamlessly with the existing network. With an entry-level path to 802.11n migration, the Aironet 1600 Series can add capacity to the network for future growth for expanding applications and bandwidth.
- RF Excellence - These access points provide for a secure and reliable connection and include enterprise-class chipsets and optimized radios.
- Radio Resource Management (RRM) - This feature provides for automated self-healing which optimizes the unpredictability of RF to reduce dead spots and give you more high-availabilty client connections.
- CleanAir Express - These access points are able to detect RF interference using CleanAir Express.
- Cisco ClientLink 2.0 - This technology provides a dual benefit as it improves downlink performance to mobile devices and it helps to improve battery life on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Cisco BandSelect Technology - This helps to improve 5-GHz client connections in mixed-client environments.
- Controller Based
- Wireless Network Standards: IEEE802.11a/b/g/n
- Wireless Data Transfer Rates: Up To 300Mbps
- Interfaces: 10/100/1000BASE-T (autosensing RJ-45) and 1 RJ-45 Port
- Security Protocols: 802.1X 802.11i, Wi-Fi Protected Accesses 2 (WPA2), WPA
- DRAM: 256 MB
- Flash: 32 MB
- Power Draw: 12.95W